Bens Stuff

Thursday, January 13, 2005

I hate looking for a job

Job hunting is so stressful. Just today I had a recruiter call me on my cellphone asking a bunch of questions that could have been answered had he looked at my resume. Then he asks me if I know such and such skill. DUH! If I knew it, don't you think it'd be on my resume? Then he acts all apologetic and I can tell he wants to get off the phone as quickly as possible. EXCUUUUSE ME, Mr. Recruiter. I'm so sorry that I wasted your valuable time out of your pathetic life. Next time learn to read. You'll save yourself that 15 minutes you wasted and I might still have a shred of self-esteem left. Actually wasn't that bad on my self-esteem, but still...

Then I got an email from an interesting company. It looks like a great place to work just from the questions this person was asking. A lot of it dealt with open-source software as alternatives to commercial software. A couple of the questions I probably got wrong and I had to google to refresh my memory. I doubt I did well, but I'm hoping. I just hate this whole process...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home