Bens Stuff

Thursday, May 13, 2004

More logging stuff

I'm not obsessed with logging, really I'm not. But our current logging system, while ahead of it's time when first written in 1998, is becoming antiquated. I'd love to replace it with log4j but that would be un-possible ;) for the time I have left at this company (more on that later). Anyways, the article below talks about asynchronous logging using JMS (and Hibernate too, which I couldn't care less about). I don't want to log to a database, but to a file, or perhaps to our mainframe. But doing it asynchronously would be really neat as we wouldn't take a performance hit for keeping it on.
I'd like to make it so I could use any JMS provider instead of the app server's built in one. We use Websphere 5 now, but the company is planning on switching over to Tomcat because of costs. I'm sure there are some open-source JMS packages out there...just have to find them. Anyways, here's the link: http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-05-2004/jw-0510-logging_p.html

1 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home